The Food Bank of Southwest Georgia relies on volunteers from the community to
help carry out its mission.
Our volunteers often tell us they feel more blessed than the people they
help. It's a rewarding and satisfying experience that makes a difference.
Please take a look at some of our needs below:
- Office volunteers to answer phones and perform general clerical
- Data entry volunteers. We're embarking on development of databases
of donors, corporate partners, supporters and others, and we desperately
need help inputting the data into MS Excel or MS Access (the files are
already set up; just key in the data. Work from home!)
- Truck drivers. We're launching our Drive
Out Hunger program, and we need CDL drivers with clean records for short
hauls, usually within our 20-county territory. No
overnights, and we provide the rig and directions! This is a critical need!
- Technology consultants. As we grow, we're tapping technology to
give us a leg up. We need network administrators and others we can call on
to help us become more efficient.
- Sorters. We receive truckloads of food and goods that must be
categorized prior to distribution. Anyone can help us sort at any time
during business hours; we always have lots of this work to do, mainly at our
- Warehouse assistants. Got a strong back, a healthy attitude and a
desire to serve? Then give us a hand helping "shoppers" in the
warehouse, loading their vehicles with goods and keeping our warehouse clean
and tidy. Pick a morning or afternoon you'd like to chip in.
If you'd like to help us out, call Eddie Byrd at 912.883.5959 or email him at
[email protected] We're
anxious to bring you aboard!